Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturday Morning

I've been up now for about two hours. The first hour I spent fighting to get out of bed so that I can begin breakfast. I grew up having a hot, homemade breakfast and that's something that has stuck with me from my child hood. I guess the fighting to get out of bed was passed on from my dad as well as the hot, homemade breakfast. He would get home from work sometimes as late as two in the morning and still get up to take my mom to work at 6:30 am. Then when he got back home it was time to get the me, my sister and brother ready for school, which always included a hot breakfast. Sometimes we'd have French toast or "panny cakes". All I know is that once you told my dad you liked something he was always delighted to prepare it for you... over and over and over again until you decided you liked something else. Thanks Daddy! Now I'm excited every day I get to make your breakfast. It's true in life you reap what you sow.

In a few minutes we'll be having breakfast together, my mom, dad and I. We're having Chicken Souse and Johnny Cake. Can't wait! I just finished checking the Johnny Cake in the oven. It's almost ready and it's smelling great. Oh I hear the timer going off! I've gat to run...


No comments:

Post a Comment