Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Perfect Solution!

I don't make mashed potatoes often, but when I do I like for them to be rich and smooth. I was taught how to make the most delicious mashed potatoes while I was doing a culinary internship at the Ritz Carlton Golf Resort in Naples, Florida. You would expect great top quality food to come from the Ritz Carlton and trust me you won't be disappointed.
So here I go all ready to make the most delicious mashed potatoes. Well guess what? I didn't have any milk and I was not about to go to the store. I said to myself, hmmm, what could I use in place of the milk. Well I could used some chicken bouillon that I saw in the pantry, but that idea didn't stick. Don't even know how that got there because that's something that I don't use. Chicken Bouillon is very salty in my opinion. Then I thought, ah ha, I have the perfect solution. I remembered a powered coconut milk that I bought and figured that would give me the taste I was looking for to go with my sticky wings and glazed carrots. Now who would have thought of that, but I figured if you can add coconut milk to rice and it's great, why not potatoes?


2 comments:

  1. So how'd it come out?
    kw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I'm being bias, but it came out great. Ask the parents. They cleaned their plates. It was very light and it added just a hint of sweetness. I am definitely going to use it again.

    ReplyDelete