Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ah! What am I going to eat today?

It is so important to plan ahead. We plan our work schedules. We plan our vacations. We plan for family activities. So why not plan our meals. If you are not familiar with doing this it may be a bit challenging at first, but in no time it will be a normal part of your routine. If you still don't get it. I'm always glad to help. It's something that I like to do.

I've already planned this week menu. I went to the grocery store with a $40 budget on Saturday and believe you me we are going to have some great meals. There are going to be three persons eating from this menu, expect on Sunday there were 5, for the week and my main ingredient is cross-utilization. You may be wondering what is "cross-utilization"? This is when you use the same ingredients in different preparations and/or on different days. In food menu planning this is important. It helps you to save money and prevents waste.

I'm preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner, which you will see in the menu below.  Yesterday we already went over Sunday's dinner. I know some people don't like eating the same thing twice in a row and you don't have to. You can always freeze or refrigerate some food and eat it a day or two later. In my family we can stand to eat the same thing up to three times in row. Sometimes I switch it up, but it all depends on the time we eat and their reaction to what I cook. Which by the way is usually great!

Remember if you plan ahead you would be able to save in so many ways. You would even be able to take lunch with you to work. You'll have quality food, you don't have to have drive anywhere for lunch and stand on a line, and you would pay a fraction of the costs.

If you have any questions on how to create your weekly menu or on recipes please add it in the comment  area and I'll get back to you.




3 comments:

  1. I'm going to use this menu this week. Thanks!
    Sista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! Let me know if you need any recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! WOW! I like it! Food is great! I'm in Denise's kitchen. Thanks! I like it!

    ReplyDelete