Monday, October 17, 2011

"All American Breakfast" Steak and Potato Omelet

This morning after a 1 hour workout I was extremely hungry. I wanted something different for breakfast. I looked in the refrigerator to see what was available.  I glanced over the items in the fridge and what caught my eyes were left over steak, potatoes, onions, garlic, eggs, and milk. I decided to cook an omelet. What I consider an "All American Breakfast" Steak and Potatoes Omelet. I came up with the name because I feel that steak and potatoes is so American. Here's the recipe.


Ingredients:

4 oz               Left over Steak (thinly sliced)
1 medium      Raw Potato (cut like French fries)
2 oz               Sliced Onions
1 clove          Minced Garlic
3 large           Eggs
2 tbs              Milk
1 tsp              Olive Oil
2 tsp              Butter

Steps:

First add olive oil to a hot saute pan. Pan fry sliced potatoes, cooking for approximately 3 minutes on each side.  Test potatoes with a fork to see if they are cooked. Once cooked, add sliced onion to the potatoes. Saute for approximately 1 minute allowing onions to soften. Then add the minced garlic. Saute all the ingredients for a few seconds to allow garlic to be incorporated (do not burn garlic) and set it aside.

In a small bowl crack 3 eggs and add 2 tablespoons of milk. Beat the eggs and milk together. In a hot skillet add 2 tsp of butter. Once melted coat the bottom of the pan with the egg mixture. Allow the eggs to cook for about 30 seconds. Once thickened at the bottom, lift the egg and allow raw eggs to drain underneath the cooked eggs. Shape eggs with plastic spatula as eggs begin to form into an omelet. Once the eggs are cooked, add the steak mixture on to half of the omelet. Flip other side of omelet over the steak mixture. Remove from pan and serve immediately.

Here's to my "All American Breakfast", Steak and Potato Omelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment