Thursday, September 15, 2011

Late Night Snack

It's 1:30 am, I'm wide awake and I'm hungry. Most nights I am awake around this time. I like to watch the cooking shows that I've missed during the evening. That's enough to make a person hungry and in need of a late night snack. I guess for some reason I'm filled up by what I see on the show that I never need a late night snack. Tonight I am not even watching the Food Network, but boy am I hungry. I'm not one for snacking, but I'm so tempted to head to the kitchen.

Food that I would like to eat started popping in my head. What could I whip up in a flash? I didn't come up with anything quick. So I don't know if this snack is going to get off the ground, but here's what I've been thinking about.

Just the other day I cooked a delicious Jamaican meal: jerked chicken, bean and rice, steamed cabbage, and tossed salad with a homemade thousand island dressing. I'm wishing there were some left overs!


What I really like is French fries and coleslaw. Here's another take on fish and chips. Deep fried whole jack fish, golden French fries, coleslaw and biscuits. Delicious!


I don't think any of these are really fit for a late night snack, but boy I feel really good thinking about them.

I think I'm going to bed now. In a few hours it will be morning and I can prepare another fabulous breakfast!

Good Night and Good Morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment